Tuesday, April 27, 2010

keep

Isaiah 26:3 says, "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." Two words jump out at me as I read this verse, keep and steadfast. In a way, they mean the same thing don't they? Steadfast means to persevere, to keep on. I have learned to have moments of God's peace but what I desire most is to keep that peace always. To do that, I need to learn to keep my eyes on Him, to keep my trust focused on the only place it ever needs to be.

Why is that so hard to remember sometimes? I want to look at my circumstances. I want to trust in the people around me. But my circumstances and the people in my life can never offer the peace that God can give. Only He can fill my heart from within with His assurance that He has things under control. The Creator of the Universe holds my life in His hands. WOW - I don't need to be afraid of anything.

So God, I ask for your help today. I want to experience this perfect peace you offer. Please help me to remain steadfast because I trust in YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment