Friday, August 13, 2010

avoidance

It has been a LONG time since I have written here, far too long. I have a reason, but it's not a very good one. Put quite simply, I have been avoiding it. My life in the past few months has been crazy and to be honest, I have not been very content. I have been obedient. I have trusted God with the big picture, but I have spent my days worrying about the little things and wondering exactly how we are going to get to the big picture. I have reasoned, "How can I write a blog about contentment when I have been anything but?" But truthfully, this is probably where I should have been all along. I forgot the second word of my title - project. That means this is an on-going process. I am still learning to be content and I am sure it will be a life-long process.

As I think about my first post, I am reminded of why I started this blog in the first place. I missed writing and the unique way God would speak to me as I wrote. I wish I had held onto that instead of thinking I had some wisdom to impart on anyone who might read this. So if there is any wisdom, it is this - I am an imperfect being with a God who loves me. I do not have all the answers but I have a God who does. I make mistakes every single day but God invites me back into His presence everytime I stray. I am constantly working on this project. There will be days I am more content than others but I know that without God, I don't have a chance.

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly said, Michelle! And, appropriate for ALL! Thank you for your honesty, it is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete